CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Narnia Man

I was walking today, and this VERY fit man ran past me going in the opposite direction. This gave me more opportunity to notice him. He was like a gazelle, or like the centaurs from the Narnia movie. I have never seen anything like it. I thought, "He must be an Olympian." I instantly felt dumb and inadequate, totally ridiculous at the thought of ever running a half marathon or even a 5k for that matter! His legs were perfect little muscular branches. Mine are so flabby and unfit. He was literally leaping down the road with what seemed no effort at all. I have so far to go! I wanted to stop and ask him how he ever got to this point, but then I figured he had to be born that way. Somehow that's consoling.

Today-Walked 1 hour 10 minutes/4 miles
Saturday-Ran 27 minutes! Very proud of this. It wasn't far, and I was real slow, but I did it!
Friday-Ran 7/6/6
Thursday-Walked 40 minutes/2 miles
Wednesday-Ran 6/6/6
Tuesday-Walked 40 minutes/2 miles

2 comments:

no_iffer said...

You crack me up! Tania, you're an amazing runner! Don't let silly men who probably do nothing but read running magazines and work out make you feel silly!

Keep it up! Reading about your running keeps me going...so don't get sidetracked by narnia men!

tpot said...

True! True!