CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

You know what's SCARY?

I don't even remember that last post or even running for 12 minutes. Nope. Nope. Nopety-nope. No recollection. But I guess I did it because I said I did. I haven't been known to lie on my blogs. But I don't know how I came to stop running for 12 minutes, or whatever I had worked myself up to. I do know that for a while I kept throwing my back out. I would catch it a lot quicker and ice it right away and take Aleve. Finally I just got sick of feeling like I needed to take 2 weeks off every time my back hurt (like the doctor told me originally). I just decided to go for it. Slow and steady, but go for it and stop letting my body whine it's way into fathood. So I started by running for a minute or two and then eventually that became 1/2 mile. Then I added another 1/2 mile and then another. So I am now up to 1 5/8 miles, but I can only do it with breaks every 1/2 mile. I've been running with micah, and that has been dreamy. It is so motivating to have a partner (other than my pooch) to run with. It's just great to suffer with someone else, and I like it that we are both getting in shape at the same time. Two for one!

So now I have a goal of 60 miles in January. I have already reached 12. Now, that is not 60 running miles; that will include many walking miles, too. I just want to get out there and get it done. Eventually the running will take over the walking, but we all have to start somewhere.

1 comments:

Micah Swanson said...

I'm really proud of you baby. Now if we can just keep doing it!